12.18.2010

A Quarter Passed

If this is your first time on my blog then I do suggest you read the post prior to this one before reading this one as it's pretty much a follow up.

I have now officially completed my first college semester. One down and 3 to go. College was not as scary a place as I built it up to be. I was afraid I'd be too old, but there were a few others about my age; some even older!

The first day of college is interesting because as you walk into the classroom you pick a seat and sit down. That decision comes across as one of life's tiny decsions but it is actually a life altering decision. Whomever you chose to sit with on that very first day becomes somewhat like your security blacket over the next few weeks while you adjust to your new surroundings.

I couldn't have been happier with my choice. I chose to sit beside Erica that very first day and Stefanie soon joined the table designed for four. I'm not sure exactly when Rachel joined in but it wasn't long before our classroom group formed. This was happening all around the room as well. You'd see friendships blosoming all around the classroom; all because of one tiny decsion on the first day. And as time went on mini groups started expaanding with other mini groups and by the end of the semester I think everyone was pretty much comfortable with everyone.

It didnt take too long to become comfortable finding my way around the school either. After walking around from class to class a few times the school didn't seem as big anymore. Not too mention a lot of guidance from my friends along the way, haha.

As far as being out of school for so long and afraid that I might have lost my touch, that was certainly not the case. I was extremely overwhelmed the first week but put everything in perspective by getting organized and staying on top of things. It worked to by benefit as I did end the semester reaching my goal of a nintey something percent average.

Looking ahead to next semester I feel much more confident about myself. I am excited to have 2 days a week off and thankful my ECE girls will be with me for one more semester.

But right now I will be enjoying my three week break with my family. Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment