1.11.2010

It's The 1st or The 11th (All I Know is it Has a '1' in it)

Last year I spent Valentine's Day with my friends playing games in a hotel room. It was the first night I spent away from Adrian in at least 7 years. He wasn't far away or anything, just in another room on another floor with our 2 boys and his parents because it was the night before our wedding day.

As Valentine's Day approaches, so does our new anniversary, February 15th. Please don't ask me what milestone we are supposed to be celebrating because even though 2010 is our 1st wedding anniversary it is also our 11th year together.

Over the years Adrian has never really wanted to celebrate anniversaries. He always stated that until we were married it wasn't a 'real' anniversary. So this year I have rather high expectations. So high in fact that I plan to look to the sky waiting for an airplane to write "Happy Anniversary Angela, I love you" in the sky. I have been waiting 11 years to celebrate this anniversary and so it should be good right?

We briefly spoke about this topic just after the new year. I was sure to remind him ever so gently that this was the anniversary he said all these years he wanted to celebrate. Then he told me, ever so gently, that if I don't want to be disappointed I better plan it...Go figure.

4 comments:

  1. Give him a swift kick in the ass for me!!!

    Since YOU gotta plan it - plan a nice vaction :) Since he doesn't wanna do the planning do what YOU wanna do - like coming to visit your favorite Lyn in Minnesota LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Lyn! But I totally agree. Maybe he has something wonderful planned and he wants to surprise you ... a lot! Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget Minnesota... Go somewhere HOT!!! (Sorry Lyn!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...i don't think we'll be going anywhere quite so far LOL. I'm thinking a day out doing something fun, dinner at home with wine and I'll order myself a cookie bouquet perhaps. LOL

    ReplyDelete